Mr. Akef El Maghraby joined Banque Misr in August 2016 as Vice Chairman.
Previously, he spent 16 years working at Citibank.
He is responsible for the Lines of Business including Corporate,Treasury,Investment, SMEs, Retail, Branches, Islamic Financing, Global Transaction Business, International Business and Financial Inclusion.
Mr. El Maghraby has held positions in a variety of fields throughout his banking career, including Credit Analysis, Corporate Finance, Ratings Advisory and Corporate and Investment Banking.
He has worked in and covered several jurisdictions, including Egypt, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom and the Netherlands, where he led and executed many landmark mergers and acquisitions (M&As), debt and equity capital markets, loan markets and derivatives transactions.
Mr. El Maghraby holds a bachelor's degree in Accounting and an MBA, both from the American University in Cairo.
Other Current Positions:
- Chairman, Misr Bank-Europe GmbH Frankfurt
- Chairman, Misr Digital Innovations Co.
- Board Member, Misr Capital Co. S.A.E.
- Board Member, Banque Misr Liban S.A.L. (BML).
- Board Member, Misr Insurance Holding Co S.A.E.
- Board Member, Egyptian Banking Institute
- Board Member, Egypt Air Holding Co.