Mr. Mohamed El-Etreby is a prominent banker with a long-standing experience of more than 35 years in the banking sector.
Mr. El-Etreby began his banking career in 1977 with the Arab African International Bank (AAIB), followed by Crédit International d'Egypte Bank. In 1983, he joined Misr International Bank (MIBank, currently Qatar National Bank Alahli), where he spent more than 22 years, holding various senior banking positions and acquiring extensive expertise in different key areas of the banking business.
In September 2005, Mr. El-Etreby joined the Egyptian-Arab Land Bank as Vice Chairman and Board Member. In 2009, he was appointed Managing Director of the Arab Investment Bank and in 2011, Mr. El-Etreby returned to the Egyptian Arab Land Bank in the capacity of Chairman.
In recognition of his great achievements, Mr. El-Etreby was appointed Chairman of the Egyptian Gulf Bank from January 2013 to December 2014 , subsequently appointed as Chairman of Banque Misr in January 2015. He also serves as the Chairman of Banque Misr Liban (BML), Vice chairman of Cairo Amman Bank and Chairman of Banque Misr Foundation for Community Development.
Mr. El-Etreby graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Commerce from Ain Shams University in 1976.
Other Current Positions:
- Vice-Chairman, Union of Arab Banks
- Chairman, Federation of Egyptian Banks (FEB)
- Chairman, Misr Capital Investments S.A.E
- Board Member, Egyptian General Company for Tourism and Hotels (EGOTH)
- Board Member, Misr Insurance Holding Co. S.A.E.
- Board Member, General Authority for Investment and Free Zones (GAFI)
- Board Member, Ain Shams University (ASU)
- Board Member, Arab Contractors Co.
Board Member, National Investment Bank